The Latest

[Interviews] - Super Producer Mr. Hanky (@AMRHANKYBEAT)

Name: Super Producer Mr. Hanky
Location: Atlanta, GA
Genre: Hip Hop/R&B
Label: Collipark Music

www.amrhankybeat.com
Twitter
ReverbNation
Youtube

TMC: You're definitely not new to the game but for those who may not know, could you introduce yourself?
MH: I'm Mr. Hanky former DJ now a Producer.  I've produced for Waka Flocka, Travis Porter, Young Jeezy, Soulja Boy, V.I.C and most recently "Throwed Off" (Walk Around The Club F Everybody) by Treal Lee And Prince Rick.  "Da Wop" by YMCMB's LIL CHUCKEE. And The newest smash "Smart Girl" (Dumb Booty) by Tex James ft. Stuey Rock


TMC: Can you brief us on how you got started producing?
MH: I've always been a musician whether its been in a band or Djing.  I first started making beats in my dorm room while selling burnt CDs.  While in college word got out that I had some heat.  So got back to ATL I worked with a lot of independent artist.  One thing led to another and here we are.


TMC: How would you describe your production style?
MH: I really don't have a certain. Throwed Off, Da Wop, and now Smart Girl (Dumb Booty) all sound different.  The only thing my productions have is a lot energy.  A lot of the rap music these days are dark and depressing and most of it sounds the same.

TMC: How did you get the name?
MH: It was given to me at Southern University because I thought I was the S#%+ while in the band. The name came from Southpark Cartoon character who was a talking "turd".  It would've bothered most people if it was them being called "Mr. Hanky" but I just flipped it and made a business.  Besides the women loved and still love me.


TMC: Who can you say inspired you the most when it comes to producing?
MH: The people have always inspired my production.  There's something about seeing people react and party to your music.


TMC: If they don't know by your famous tag, can you give the people a little resume of people you've worked with?
MH: Yo Gotti, Nicki Minaj, Lil Wayne, Soulja Boy, Young Jeezy, Ying Yang Twins, Treal Lee & Prince Rick, Roscoe Dash, Hurricane Chris, Waka Flocka and Travis Porter to name a few.


TMC: Do you have a favorite musical project that you've worked on thus far?
MH: Alot of the earlier projects before the Mixtape era.  People were fans back the and bought music. Nowadays everybody is a industry boss, CEO, expert and critic.  But nobody's buying the music.... right.


TMC: Is there any advice you can you give to the up & coming that you wish somebody would have given to you?
MH: I really don't have any regrets because everything has helped me grow into who I am today.  I would just advise everybody people to do them and keep God first.  Get a good team a great lawyer, and a budget.  


TMC: What's something people may not know about Mr. Hanky?
MH: I'm really laid back despite the type of music I make. 


TMC: Are there any projects you're currently working on that you can tell us about?
MH: I'm working with a few RnB artist right now that's all I can really say.
Tags: , , , , , , , ,

TMC Magazine

Get Featured with TMC. Send your Videos and Music! Get Interviewed, Featured or Advertise with TMC. Be sure to follow us on Twitter @theMCmagazine QUESTIONS submittoTMC@gmail.com

0 comments

Leave a Reply

recentpost-comment tab